The main corelab is equipped with two working benches, fume hood, computer facilities, and sampling tools.
The following equipment is available to users of the OSU-MGR. For a list of fees see our services page, if you have any questions please email email@example.com:
- A containerized sea going GEOTEK MSCL-S multi-sensor track (MST) that provides gamma ray attenuation (GRA) bulk density, loop magnetic susceptibility (MS), P-wave velocity (PWA) and electrical resistivity (ER).
- A GEOTEK XZ system that provides line scan camera photography and point-source magnetic susceptibility (MS).
- An ITRAX XRF Scanner capable of split core and u-channel measurement at 0.2mm resolution
- Core Splitters
- Portable vibrating saw core splitter .
- Rock saws.
- Band saw.
- Freeze dryer (Virtus) and Freeze dryer (LabConco).
- Electronic and Manual balances.
- Automated label maker.
- 2 Freezers (standard).
- 10 x 20 walk-in freezer.
- Beckman Coulter LS 13 320 laser diffraction particle size analyzer.
- Microscopes (petrographic with digital camera and old binocular).
- Hitachi LCD projector
- Photography station (Norman flash photography strobe lighting system).
- Epson Perfection V750 PRO scanner