The OSU MGR offers numerous services from curation, sample measurement, coring and complementary analyses.
The OSU MGR is bound by NSF OCE data policy for all NSF/OCE/MGG funded projects (please refer to parts III and VII).
The main corelab is equipped with multiple work benches, computer facilities, and sampling tools. The wetlab contains a fume hood and DI water.
The following equipment is available to users of the OSU-MGR. For a list of fees see the Fees section below.
- A GEOTEK MSCL-S multi-sensor track (MST) that provides gamma ray attenuation (GRA) bulk density, loop magnetic susceptibility (MS), P-wave velocity (PWA) and electrical resistivity (ER)
- A GEOTEK XZ system that provides line scan camera photography and point-source magnetic susceptibility (MS)
- A GEOTEK XYZ system that provides point-source magnetic susceptibility (MS), handheld XRF, and color spectrophotometry
- An ITRAX XRF Scanner capable of split core and u-channel measurement at fine-scale resolution
- GEOTEK Core Splitter
- Rock saws
- Rock drill press
- Freeze dryers
- Electronic balances
- Two -30°C upright freezers
- Beckman Coulter LS 13 320 laser diffraction particle size analyzer
- Microscopes (petrographic with digital camera and binocular)
- Photography station (Norman flash photography strobe lighting system)
- Automated label makers